As we all make the transition from summer to fall and back to work & school, we need to put our organizing systems back into place. Or, some of us need to implement new systems and solutions for the way we live and work. Fall gives us time for a fresh start. Here are 7 tips to get you moving in the right direction:
1. Make a list of all of your projects and then prioritize the list.
2. Complete one project before moving on to the next to avoid having multiple projects going on at the same time.
3. Start small. Work on one area – one drawer, one shelf, one cabinet at a time.
4. Plan for more time than you think it will take.
5. Have the proper supplies on hand. These will vary depending on your project, but usually empty bags and boxes & sharpies for labelling are a good start.
6. Enlist help – a friend, neighbor, co-worker or family member who is positive, supportive, and encouraging.
7. Don’t purchase any supplies or holders until you have gone through all of your belongings and decided what to keep. If possible, re-use containers, baskets and other items from your home & office to be ‘green’ and save money at the same time.