We can all feel it – the close of February and the impending approach of spring. Most of us can’t wait!! Spring is a great time to clear the clutter and get organized. Let’s re-visit some tried and true tips for approaching the process…
- Start small – one shelf, one drawer, one cabinet. Build momentum and celebrate your success.
- Leave enough time. Often it takes double or triple the amount of time you think it will take. This is because you are making decisions and everyone does this at a different pace.
- Schedule it. Mark time in your calendar to do your decluttering and organizing.
- Have the right supplies on hand. Trash bags, bins, boxes, sharpies to label categories and whatever else you feel like you need to get the job done.
- Create a staging area. Use a folding table or clear, flat surface to view the items you are considering so you can really see what you are making decisions about. Don’t cram yourself into a dark corner or unusable space.